Defying Commodus Defying Commodus

Wow, REALLY nice! Both composition and production!

deadlyfishes responds:

Thank you! I just posted something new, you should check it out! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/510038

[Speed Rap]- Fastest Rap [Speed Rap]- Fastest Rap

Cool

Your voice sounds exactly like Hotdiggedydemon's. Sorry, I know this is a useless review but I just had to tell you that. (I had to)

JonH2O responds:

And I just had to find out who this Demon guy is!

Epicity Epicity

So awesome

My favorite metal song on here! That opening riff is so killer, gonna use this in an animation. :)

NGHH'11 - Nimbus vs Cynic NGHH'11 - Nimbus vs Cynic

Cynic

This was the best and closest battle yet. Their disses and rhymes were practically dead even, I can't decide which is better in that aspect. I'm going to have to lean with Cynic since he has better delivery and clarity IMO.

Death Rise Death Rise

Good stuff

Congrats on the front page man!

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks Mayng.\m/

Strykjärn | Svälj din stolthet Strykjärn | Svälj din stolthet

Great

But oddly enough, I found the productioin on the older version much better. The guitar tone was more heavey and in your face in that one, and the cymbals are kinda quite in this one. This is still great, I'm just saying in comparson. I love the vocals in this though.

Dimoria responds:

Yeah , but the old one I produced my self , and the new one is from our producer.

Orchestral Metal Piece 1 Orchestral Metal Piece 1

The drums need work

It sounds like you used the presets and first drum samples you came across right out of EZ drummer or something. The kick drum sounds like someone tapping their finger on plastic, it needs more bass/boom to it. The snare sounds even worse, it doesn't sound like a snare at all :/
Wahnsinn has well produced drums in his metal songs, he's a good example of how they should sound.

The guitar tone could also use some improvement. It sounds a bit weak and could be louder in the mix (although that's probably because you're more for the orchestration then the metal side of the song).

Outside of the drum and guitar tones, everything else sounds great in the song. The orchestration is good as well as the composition and guitar riffs.

Gravey responds:

In all honesty, yes the kit is an EZDrummer sample library. But it's not the Drummer From Hell library, but rather the Meshuggah kit. And I EQ'd and compressed all the drums separately.

What I did was write down what I wanted the drums to play, and then every drum I rendered individually. Then I compressed and EQ'd each one separately. After this I then mixed them down into a full kit once again and imported the kit into my final mixing session.

So in all honesty, they sound quite a bit differently from what the original EZDummer samples sound like. Congrats on guessing the program correctly. But in all honesty, I'm guessing that was more based on the cymbals than the snare or kick. Because the snare and kick were EQ'd and compressed in order to make them sound much fuller than the original EZDrummer library offered.

I do appreciate the criticism, but I can't agree with it when it comes to the snare and kick. Because they are substantially different from the original library due to my EQ and compression work on each individual drum.

The orchestration was definitely a point in which I'm trying to emphasize with my upcoming album. Nearly all my songs so far for it have at least one orchestral break, if not two or three. So it makes me feel good you found the orchestral side of things to be substantial.

As for the guitars, I agree with you totally. As I mentioned in my author's comments, I plan on replacing them for the album. ;-)

Thanks for the review, and the criticism. Definitely always good to get a critical point of view on my music.

-Gravey-

-360- Mystic Maze -360- Mystic Maze

Nice

Good beat and interesting melodies. Like it!

My Old Man's Rolex My Old Man's Rolex

Well fuck..

I give up. The riffs here are more tasty and catchy then what I hear from most professional bands I listen to. It's about time a heavy metal song got the top spot and this is well deserving! And jesus fucking christ that last riff was absolutaly rediculous, what is that an 8 stringer going off? God damn.

I can tell you like Periphery/Bulb ;)

HungerForMore-Metaljonus HungerForMore-Metaljonus

This awesome.

Love this song, glad to see that it at least got an honerable mention. The style sorta reminds me of Nevermore.

Metaljonus responds: